Privacy and Data Protection Policy
The Observa China 观中国 network has as one of its values the respect for the privacy of its members and users of its website.
In this way, this Privacy and Data Protection Policy was developed, in commitment to the privacy and protection of the personal data of its holders, respecting Brazilian legislation, especially the General Data Protection Law (Law No. 13.709/2018) and the Civil Rights Framework for the Internet (Law No. 12,965/2014).
The purpose of this Privacy and Data Protection Policy is to inform the holders of personal data about the measures used by Observa China 观中国 for the processing of personal data carried out by the organization.
With regard to the personal data processing activities mentioned in this Privacy and Data Protection Policy, Observa China 观中国 is qualified as a processing agent (controller and/or operator), according to current legislation.
1. How is data collected?
The data are provided by the holders, through any means and/or form, and are collected, stored, used and processed by the organization. Some forms of data collection are exemplified below:
- provision of information in case of registration on the website;
- sending messages through the organization's contact page;
- sending CVs through the institutional website or e-mail;
- registration for the organization's events.
The data collected by the organization includes, but is not limited to: names, e-mails, addresses, telephone numbers, profession, institution and/or related company.
The Observa China 观中国 website uses technologies for the automatic collection of personal data, such as cookies and cache, in order to allow its correct and safe operation, identify the last language used by the user's browser and generate statistics on the interaction between the users and the website, such as access location and browsing time.
All personal data collected through cookies are processed in accordance with the legitimate interest of Observa China 观中国 to provide users with a functional, secure and personalized website and to analyze the interaction between users and the website content.
However, the holder must be aware that, if these technologies are disabled, some features offered by the website, which depend on the treatment of said data, may not work correctly.
The veracity of the personal data provided to Observa China 观中国 is the responsibility of their respective holders. In the case of information on personal data owned by third parties, the natural or legal person who informed them must certify that they have authorization to do so, and Observa China 观中国 is not responsible for this act.
Observa China 观中国 does not use its website to collect sensitive personal data, so that holders who voluntarily decide to inform their sensitive personal data, expressly consent to the processing of such data in accordance with the provisions of this Policy.
Sensitive personal data eventually collected, through other means, by Observa China 观中国 will be processed for the specific purpose informed and authorized by the holders, safeguarding the preservation of the moral integrity of the holders.
The Observa China 观中国 website contains links to external environments whose privacy policies are not the responsibility of Observa China 观中国.
2. For what purpose is the data used?
The personal data processed by Observa China 观中国 will have the following purposes:
- Statistical analysis of the activities and behavior of the holders;
- Circulation, via e-mail, of newsletters and informative about the activities of the organization and/or our members, about matters of general interest and/or with relevant content and interests of the website users or, still, for other promotional activities and purposes that aim to meet the legitimate interest of the organization;
- Respond to requests and questions about the features of the Observa China website 观中国;
- Recruitment of professionals and/or members for the Observa China team 观中国;
- Registration for in-person or virtual events and meetings organized by Observa China 观中国;
- Disseminationof scientific articles and/or policy papers on the Observa China 观中国 website, as well as other academic initiatives;
- Promotion, dissemination, recommendation and sale of products by Observa China 观中国.
Observa China 观中国 does not process personal data without the consent of their respective holders, except in legal cases where it is necessary or mandatory.
Observa China 观中国 does not sell the personal data collected, however such data may be shared with external agents, hired by the organization to perform technical and/or support services for the organization's activities, exclusively to achieve the purposes stipulated herein.
3. What are the rights of holders of personal data?
The holders have the right to request, at any time:
- Confirmation of the existence of processing of their personal data and access to their data, correction, modification and updating of incomplete, inaccurate or outdated data, as well as limitation and deletion of your data;
- Objection to the processing of data for legitimate reasons, as well as requesting anonymization, blocking or deletion of data that it deems unnecessary and/or excessive, under the terms of applicable law;
- Information from public and private entities with which Observa China 观中国 eventually shared its data;
- Information about the possibility of not providing your consent and about the consequences of denial;
- The revocation of your consent, safeguarding the public interest that may justify the continuity of the treatment or the existence of another legal basis that authorizes it;
- Opposition to any processing of personal data based on one of the cases in which consent is waived, provided that the provisions of the applicable legislation have been breached and the public interest that may justify the continuity of the treatment has been safeguarded.
To exercise their rights, the holders must send an email or letter with their request to the addresses indicated below in item 6 (below).
4. How long is personal data stored?
Observa China 观中国 stores and maintains your information: (i) for as long as required by law; (ii) until the end of the processing of personal data, as mentioned below; or (iii) for the time necessary to preserve the organization's legitimate interest.
The end of the processing of personal data will occur in the following cases:
- When the purpose for which the data subject's personal data were collected is achieved and/or the personal data collected is no longer necessary or relevant to the scope of that purpose;
- When the holder is in his right to request the termination of the treatment and the deletion of his personal data; or
- When there is a legal determination to that effect.
Observa China 观中国 stores data on its own servers and/or those of contracted partners, located in Brazil and/or abroad, and also on servers in the cloud (cloud computing), so that the transfer and processing of personal data from holders outside Brazilian territory.
5. How do we ensure data security?
Observa China 观中国 protects data subjects' personal data by implementing reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help protect personal data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. The organization's service providers and partners are also required to protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
6. How holders get in touch?
Any claim or communication from the holders must be addressed to the email firstname.lastname@example.org, serving this channel to provide clarifications and/or adopt measures regarding the processing of personal data by the organization.
7. Can this Privacy and Data Protection Policy be changed?
This Privacy and Data Protection Policy may be modified at any time by means of a change on the website of Observa China 观中国.
This Privacy and Data Protection Policy enters into force on 16 of October of 2022.